Branding is mostly done.
Update todo for 3.0.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 2:||Line 2:|
|Line 29:||Line 27:|
| 1. Drop MetaD and replace metad backend with debderiver.
1. Include parkes-updates in repository.
1. Create live cd.
1. Release beta1.
| 1. Patch debian-live-launcher for desktop installer.
1. Replace artwork in deskto installer banner.
1. Make sure system installed by live installer gets the right sources.list.
1. Release beta2.
1. Copy Parkes to archive.gnewsense.org and update packages for it.
1. Drop MetaD.
1. Check reverse (build) dependencies.
|Line 35:||Line 36:|
|1. Release beta2.|
The purpose of this page is to be a point of reference for everybody interested about the future of gNewSense.
It is important to remember that this is a community effort -- we do not have the support of corporations behind us like many other distributions do, and so it depends on YOU to make things happen.
gNewSense developers are free to update this page with their current works and todo list.
i386 32bit (Release name DeltaH)
Version status: stable
mipsel (Release name MetaD)
Version status: testing
gNewSense 3.0 (Release name: Parkes)
Version status: in development.
- Patch debian-live-launcher for desktop installer.
- Replace artwork in deskto installer banner.
- Make sure system installed by live installer gets the right sources.list.
- Release beta2.
- Copy Parkes to archive.gnewsense.org and update packages for it.
- Drop MetaD.
- Check reverse (build) dependencies.
- Add GFDL docs and other free packages from Debian's non-free section.
- Add other possibly useful packages (e.g. yeeloong-base).
- Check if open bugs are still valid.
- Release 3.0.
Bug Tracking System
Version status: preliminary (see BugTrackingSystemMigration)
Version status: preliminary (see ForumMigration)
Software to add
Preliminary: mplayer, VLC (see VLCProblem);
GNU documentation that has been removed by Debian, see the thread about this issue on the mailing list.